2017-18 Albany Law School Student Bar Association Elections!
The following 2017-18 SBA Executive Board positions are open to students who have served on the SBA for a minimum of one academic year:
The following 2017-18 SBA positions are available to all students returning for the 2017-18 academic year:
- 3L Class President (1)
- 3L Class Representative (4)
- 2L Class President (1)
- 2L Class Representative (4)
- New York State Bar Association Representative At-Large (1)
- American Bar Association Representative At-Large (1)
The following 2017-18 SBA position is open to LLM and Dual Degree MS students only:
***If you run for a position and are elected to a Senate seat, you are required to attend the last SBA meeting on Tuesday 4/18 at 7:30 pm***
How do I run for a position?— The relevant documents and instructions are attached.
If you are interested in running, there are a few things that you need to know. First, prospective candidates are required to submit petitions to run for a position. For purposes of this election, 2L and 3L class candidates must acquire 25 student signatures from classmates; LLM/MS representative candidates must acquire five student signatures; e-board candidates must acquire 50 student signatures. Secondly, candidates must submit a one-page personal statement.
Where do I submit campaign and election materials?
- The petitions must be submitted in person in the SBA Office (E-113) no later than Friday April 14th at 12:00 PM.
- *Petitions can be turned in starting Monday, April 10th.*
- The personal statements must be e-mailed to SBAVP@albanylaw.edu no later than Friday, April 14th at 12:00 PM.
- Personal statements for the position of Executive President must be emailed to SBAPresident@albanylaw.edu, addressed to your current President, James Bartosik no later than 12:00 PM on Friday, April 14th.
- Personal statements and petitions must conform to the attached rules.
Yes, there are campaign advertising and spending limits. The rules for the election and campaigning are attached. (See: Election Rules and Bylaws.) If you have any outstanding questions regarding the election or campaign process, please feel free to email Gabriella Romero, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the SBA offices in E113 & 114.
Ah, the pressure– Who do I vote for?
Candidate personal statements will be e-mailed to students prior to the election for review. There will not be a “Meet the Candidates” event this year. Candidates are encouraged to spread the word about their respective campaigns, but must comply with the attached campaign rules.
Ok, I’ve got my pick– How do I rock the vote?
- Election Polls will be open Monday April 17th and Tuesday April 18th.
- Time: Monday, 4/17, from 9am to 5pm & Tuesday, 4/18, from 9am to 12pm.
- Location: At the Bar Prep table outside of the cafeteria.
- Note: The SBA absentee ballot policy is attached. (See: Election Rules and Bylaws.)
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to:
Gabriella Romero at SBAVP@albanylaw.edu.